Director of Development
The Committee for a Responsible Federal Budget is a non-partisan, non-profit organization committed to educating the public on issues with significant fiscal policy impact. Our bipartisan leadership comprises some of the nation's leading budget experts, including many past heads of the House and Senate Budget Committees, the Congressional Budget Office, the Office of Management and Budget, the Government Accountability Office, and the Federal Reserve Board.
The Director of Development is responsible for creating and executing the organization’s development plan and will work with the President, Chief of Staff, and Director of Engagement to expand support.
- Develop and execute ambitious and achievable annual fundraising plan.
- Secure support from foundations, corporations and individuals.
- Research and identify potential grant opportunities.
- Develop and steward all proposals and reports for foundation and corporate giving.
- Grow a major gifts program including identification, cultivation and solicitation of major donors.
- Oversee the design and implementation of all donor communications and materials.
- Serve as an integral member of the senior management team.
Ideal candidates will have the following qualifications:
- A minimum of 5 years of fundraising experience with at least 2 in a senior capacity.
- Proven track record of fundraising success.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize work to meet multiple deadlines.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- An independent, resourceful self-starter.
- Ability to work in fast-paced team environment.
- A bachelor’s degree or higher.
- Knowledge of fiscal policy a plus.
How to Apply
This position is full-time and based in Washington, D.C. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. To apply, please submit a cover letter, resume, contact information for three references, and fundraising proposal sample no longer than ten pages to email@example.com. When applying, please write “Director of Development” in the subject line. No phone calls, please. Salary and title commensurate with experience. Committee for a Responsible Federal Budget is an equal opportunity employer.